Water is needed by every cell & for every function our body performs, comprising up to 75% of a healthy human body, yet most of us pay very little attention to our drinking water, or the water used to process the majority’s food.
Water is a mysterious rebel that breaks the laws of physics that every other molecule in the universe adheres to. Physically, water is more us than any other thing, & true health is simply not possible without drinking enough of well treated water.
Our Body’s Daily Uses for Water
Here are just a few of the important roles that water plays in our body:
- Carries nutrients & oxygen to cells
- Helps dissolve nutrients to make them accessible to our body
- Helps maintain a body electrolyte balance & pH of 7.4
- Lessens burden the on kidneys & liver by flushing out waste products
- Lubricates joints
- Moistens tissues in the eyes, nose, & mouth
- Protects body organs & tissues
- Regulates body temperature
Every day we lose water through our breath, perspiration, urine, & bowel movements. It’s vitally important to replenish our water supply with vibrant drinking water, tart fruit & raw vegetables.
Daily Water Requirements
The average daily water requirements without sweating are:
- 5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids a day for women
- 5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids a day for men
These amounts include the water that we eat & drink, as about 22% of our water comes from food in the U.S.; that percentage is much higher in countries that eat more traditional food, compared to today’s almost entirely processed Western diet.
Once we focus on our body, using these general guidelines usually work to keep us hydrated:
- Drink water whenever thirsty until we’re satiated
- In high heat & when we exercise, drink enough extra water to compensate for the lost fluids, in addition to our usual daily amount
Besides dietary choices & sweating, the other main ways to become dehydrated are diarrhea, vomiting, & medications for the elderly. The early symptoms of adult dehydration include:
- Less frequent urination
- Dark-colored urine
- Bloody or black stool = Time to see a doctor
Once circumstances or our lifestyle choices put us in a state of chronic dehydration, things get much worse & cause serious ramifications such as:
- Asthma or Allergies. As a survival mechanism, the body rations water when dehydrated. Respiratory problems are key symptoms of chronic dehydration, as the rate of histamine produced by the body increases exponentially as the body loses fluid.
- Bladder or Kidney Problems. Toxins are not eliminated as well without adequate fluid, creating a more acidic environment where bacteria thrive, leaving the bladder & kidney more prone to infection, inflammation, & pain.
- Constipation. The colon is one of the first places the body pulls water when short of water in order to provide fluids for other critical functions in the body, & without adequate hydration, movement of our wastes move sluggishly if at all.
- Digestive Disorders. The body needs an adequate supply of water to produce a wide array of digestive juices & a shortage can lead to ulcers, gastritis, & acid reflux among the many digestive disorders.
- Fatigue. Water is the most important source of energy in the body. Dehydration also causes the enzymatic activity in the body to slow down, producing tiredness & fatigue.
- High Blood Pressure. The blood is ideally about 94% water, but when dehydrated, it thickens, causing blood flow resistance & raising blood pressure.
- Joint Pain or Stiffness. All joints have cartilage lubrication & padding, which is composed mainly of water. When the body is dehydrated, cartilage is weakened & joint repair is slow.
- Premature Aging. Chronically dehydrated skin wrinkles prematurely, as well as having the same withering effect on our internal organs.
- Skin Disorders. The skin is the largest organ of elimination & the first site for water conservation, making it more vulnerable to all types of skin disorders, including dermatitis, psoriasis, & discoloration.
- Weight Gain. Dehydrated cells are energy depleted & have to rely on energy generation from food instead of water, causing us to eat more, when in reality our body is thirsty. Also, the burning of fat for fuel will only occur when there’s enough water present to safely remove the toxins often stored in adipose tissue.
Problems with Tap Water
Flint, Michigan is now infamous for having deadly levels of lead in their water. The EPA has failed to establish standards for many contaminants, including many known carcinogens like the flame retardant PFAs found in most city’s taps.
Fluoride is a medicine prescribed to most Americans by their local government, even though it is a well-known IQ lowering neurotoxin, which does not need to be swallowed to get any possible tooth strengthening effect. More than a third of American children have dental fluorosis & the rate has been continuously increasing for decades; a sign of internal poisoning & weakening of their skeletal system.
The fluoride added to the world’s drinking water is NOT the food grade fluoride salts found in toothpaste. Instead, it is an industrial waste product called hydrofluosilicic acid, brought to water treatment in licensed hazardous material waste trucks.
The following contaminates were commonly detected in U.S. city drinking water:
- Arsenic carcinogen
- Atrazine, a carcinogenic herbicide
- Carcinogenic by-products created by public water treatment that can cause issues with pregnancy:
- Chlorate:by-product of water treatment that impairs thyroid function
- Chlorite:by-product of water treatment that affects blood chemistry
- Chromium Hexavalent carcinogen
- Hormones:from human & animal wastewater, especially from medications
- Radioactive Radium Isotopes:carcinogens & fetal defects
- Trihalomethanes: carcinogenic by-products from chlorine water treatment
Problems with Bottled Water
We’ve all heard about the environmental devastation caused by the billions of water bottles we throw out every year. 93% of all water bottles leach microplastics into the water we then drink.
A four-year review of the bottled-water industry & its safety standards concluded that there is no assurance that bottled water is cleaner or safer than tap water. In fact, more than 25% of bottled water is just bottled tap water.
Unfortunately, it’s not just gross to eat a credit card worth of microplastics per week in our food & drink, which easily leach from cheap one time use plastic bottles, but the phthalates in everyday plastic are hormone disruptors. Meaning that the more we eat & drink & live with petroleum derived plastic, the more we mess up our body’s messaging systems, hormonal system, & cause massive organ dysfunction.
Other Water We Don’t Know We Drink
We absorb some of whatever is against our permeable skin. Whether it’s a lake, swimming pool, shower water, etc.; that’s why our hands & feet get that swollen prune look if we literally soak in a bath for a while.
Health experts strongly recommend the use of chlorine filters for shower & to fill our bathtub, if we are forced to use the public water supply & don’t have a whole home water purification system.
How to Make Drinking Water Pure & Absorbable
Distilled water is not healthy to consume, especially long term. Tested well water is usually the best option. Otherwise get a reverse osmosis (RO) system, or purchase RO water from one of the ubiquitous water shops that have popped up in almost every city & town.
RO water has had all the contaminants removed, but so have all of the dissolved mineral salts & natural microbes always present, so putting them back is necessary to increase its vitality & absorbability.
Add 2.5 teaspoons (12.5 mL) of pink Himalayan sea salt per 5 gallon glass carboy jug (18.9L), before filling it with RO water & inverting it in a ceramic basin water dispenser. Prior to pouring, squirt an eyedropper of organic apple cider vinegar in the bottom of your glass.
Structured Water / Hexagonal Water
Plants use the structure of water molecules to support themselves internally, since they have no skeletal system of bones to hold them up. That’s why they wilt as soon as they’re the slightest bit dehydrated.
This type of water exists naturally in untouched sources, including mountain springs, glacier melt water, organic vegetables & fruit, & in plants & trees that have taken the water up their roots.
There are numerous known benefits from consuming water in its structured state, including:
- Increased energy
- Increased oxygenation
- Increases longevity
- Promotes better sleep
- Softer hair & skin
- Detoxes the body
- Improved blood circulation
- Improved memory & concentration
- Increased cellular function
- Stabilizes blood sugar
- Supports digestion; reduces constipation
- Supports immunity
- Weight loss & weight maintenance
Forced through pipes stresses the natural flow of water, so two simple ways to re-structure drinking water are:
- Put a food grade stainless steel magnet in your water carboy jug for 30 minutes after filling.
- When pouring, allow water to fall far enough to make the waterfall splashing sound as it hits the bottom of your drinking glass or carafe. One of the reasons why it feels good at the bottom of a waterfall is because all of the mist is all structured water.
Healing Your Gut Is the Final Step to Great Health
More than 25 years ago, some out of the box thinking came from the work of Dr. Emoto’s work photographing water crystals, & the effect that human thought apparently has on every molecule of water.
Incorporating vibrant drinking water is often the first step many people take in their journey to real health. The final step on that journey is healing our gut microbiome. No matter how our lifestyle or environmental circumstances negatively affected our health, our gut microbiome was adversely disturbed. Treated public water, demineralized water, & plastic bottled water all leave our gut environment for the worse.
If you’re serious about your health enough to use probiotics, recently an easy, safe way to donate an entire gut ecosystem of healthy microorganisms has arisen. Whereas most probiotic supplements have a selection of less than a dozen species of bacteria, we can now buy FMT Capsules that contain thousands of probiotic species, in a perfectly healthy, balanced ratio.
Also known as Poop Pills, or Crapsules, these easy to take, oral FMT probiotic capsules make having to find a stool donor near me a thing of the past. This is where to get the best stool transplant, made from our single super donor.